Take a walking safari with me in Marloth Park.
* Discover natural medicines and remedies from the bushveld
* Seek out Africa's "Little Five," "Ugly Five," "Birding Big Six," and Kruger Park's "Big Ten Trees”.
* Identify animal droppings and tracks
* Observe the behavior, habitat, and interesting facts of the abundant wildlife in Marloth Park.
* Hear about South Africa, its culture, and local things to do under one of the many shady spots along the way.
As a professional Walking Safari Guide since 1995, I can turn your vacation into an unforgettable experience. I've guided in much of the Greater Kruger Park, doing walking and open vehicle safaris. I also participated in a hands-on Rhino monitoring project for two years which involved lots of tracking and bushcraft. Here I experienced firsthand the plight facing our conservation efforts and the difficulty of preserving what we have for future generations. I love meeting new people and showing off the hidden treasures of the bushveld.
What should I bring?
How long do we walk for?
The walks depend on the group. I usually walk 3-4 km taking about 2-3 hours.
Will it be hot?
Most of the time it’s hot.
What will we see?
Animal tracks and signs.
Trees, grasses, flowers.
Animals like zebra, giraffe, kudu, and impala are plentiful in Marloth Park so hopefully we bump into a few.
Sometimes we can spot one of the big 5 down at the river.
Can we get refreshments?
We walk from Amazing River View car park so refreshments would be available on our return at either the swimming pool or restaurant.